Seeing testimonies from people who succeed in losing a lot of weight can make us feel bad about ourselves because we can’t help but compare ourselves to them.
There’s the “I wish I can be like that too but it’s just that (insert your reason here).” It is indeed, understandable because losing weight is not a walk in the park.
We get excited to see the result but hardly thought of enjoying the process. The truth is, losing weight also means there will be lots of sacrifices to be made and one of those is changing our lifestyles. But have you ever wondered how these people managed to reach their goal weight? How come they achieved it in just a few months? What is their inspiration? What moves them?
There are lots of preparations before starting your weight loss journey. Without preparation, you’ll never be on the right track, because there’s no track set in the first place. Preparing means identifying your goals first. Ask yourself these:
- How willing am I to do this?
- What is my goal weight?
- What are the things that I am willing to sacrifice for my goal?
- What are the realistic goals that I should set?
- What part of my body will I give my focus on? (can be arms, core, thighs, legs, etc.)
- What changes will I do when it comes to my eating habits?
- How often will I exercise per week?
- Who can motivate me in this process?
- What are the things that can stop me from achieving my goals that I should be warned for?
There are lots, but those are the most important questions that you should ask yourself before starting. Set realistic goals, my friend, see things in a bigger picture. Warriors have themselves ready for the war that they’ll face – and you, a person who’ll go through the tough journey to lose weight – can make it to the goal if you have enough preparation!
Keeping up the right diet
This means, eating healthy, and saying goodbye to the foods that cause us to gain weight and replacing them with foods that will keep us healthy, and help us lose weight. This is normally the hardest part in the process – because when we exercise and get tired, and we’ll see the bag of chips and soft drink that “used to be some of our favorites,” it can be tempting to sit down, grab it, and say, “It’s a cheat day.”
If you’re willing to achieve those goals, you’ll need to focus and choose the diet plan that can work for you. Here are the most popular diet programs to choose from:
- Paleo Diet
- Intermittent Fasting
- Ketonic Diet
- Vegan Diet
- Low-carb Diet
- Dukan Diet
- The Ultra-Low Fat Diet
- Atkins Diet
- HCG Diet
- Zone Diet
Choose what diet will suit your lifestyle. There is no perfect weight loss diet. What you can do is to be consistent with your pledge and goals, which leads us to the last item of how people succeed:
The most important one – PERSISTENCE
When you have persistence, no one can stop you. Your goal is to be the 2.0 version of you, and you’ll need the persistence to achieve that version. There will always be something that will distract you from achieving your goals along the way, but be ready to face it, and overcome the things that can hinder you – temptation, laziness, losing hope and motivation. But the truth is, the greatest enemy in your weight loss journey is yourself, which is why you have to overcome all the hindrances because nothing is impossible for those who are willing to fight ’til the end. Here are some of the tips to remember to remain persistent:
- Don’t skip breakfast. Skipping this will make you crave even more without you noticing in the next hours of the day.
- Focus on process goals. Begin with an end in mind. Seeing the outcome of where you’ll be going will give you higher hopes.
- Know the purpose of why you’re doing this. Without purpose, you’ll never understand why you’re doing this in the first place.
- Keep track of your achievements. Did you lose 1 kg so far? Great! It’s something to be thankful for because you’re having progress! It’s something worth celebrating.
- Reward yourself with each accomplishment. Celebrate your achievements and treat yourself. What can make you feel good? Watching a movie? Going to a spa? Do whatever thing that can make you happy – but if it’s about food, don’t forget about your calories. You wouldn’t like to gain weight after losing, right?
- Be positive. Encourage yourself, especially when you’re getting tired. Keep your head up! Ignore the negative thoughts, because nobody can stop someone hardworking enough to achieve his/her goals. Be one of those people.
Persistence and consistency are the keys to success. As long as you’ll take your journey seriously, nothing can stop you from being there. You can do this!
If this article has motivated you, Click HERE for more healthy diet tips.