Acne free without scars – yes please.
Waking up in the morning with a pimple at sight can surely be frustrating. Aside from the fact that they’re noticeable and can be embarrassing, they can also leave pimple scars that’ll be visiblefor weeks or even months. The good news is, there are ways to get rid of pimples without popping them while maintaining a scar-free skin.
What are the causes of acne breakouts?
Acne is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition that causes pimples and scars. It often affects most teenagers during puberty and more specifically, the ones around 11-30 years of age.
Here are some of the causes of acne breakouts:
- Genetics: Some acne breakouts run in families and genetic mutations increase the risk of developing acne. It can be hereditary.
- Anxiety and Stress: Stress doesn’t cause acne but can play a role in causing acne because stress causesthe increase production of a person’s androgen hormones by the adrenal glands.
- Pore-clogging cosmetics and oils: Not all people have the same level of skin sensitivity. Some skins are too sensitivewhen makeup is applied. Some may experience acne triggers which is why it should be used sparingly.
- Presence of bacteria called Propionibacterium in the pores: Propionibacterium acnes or simply P. acnes are found in hair follicles. When these pores become blocked, the bacteria spreads that contribute to the inflammation that we simply know as acne.
How can we get rid of acne?
- Wash the face twice daily: Dirt is rarely the result of acne, but it is necessary to maintain clean skin by washing regularly and applying moisturizer can keep the skin from dryness.
- Eat healthier foods: Food isn’t one of the main causes of acne but there are some foods that can triggerit. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, foods with a high glycemic index may increase the chances of having acne buildups or make it worse. Such foods are sugary and high in carbohydrates, such as cookies, cakes, candies, dairy. It is not bad to eat them, however, it is better to lessen the amount eaten for this food group.
- Use dermatologist-endorsed products such as cleansers, creams, and serums as prescribed: Doctors would recommend products that are suitable for the skin. Fortunately, there are lots of products and home remedies to choose from and we can see how effective each can be. Asking dermatologists is highly recommended.
- Treat spots with tea tree oil, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, Aloe vera, or facial cleansers: Tea tree oil is known to have microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the inflammation of the skin. At the same time, it moisturizes the skin and restores its natural oil balance.
Benzoyl peroxide has antimicrobial properties that reduce the bacteria on the skin and helps the pores be cleared from blockages.
Salicylic acid corrects the abnormal shedding of cells. This acid is often included in other products like creams, serums, lotions, etc.
Facial cleansers keep the skin clean from bacteria and it is necessary to have healthier skin.
How can we prevent it?
- Refrain from popping or squeezing the pimples: Popping it will cause scars which will make the skin condition worse.
- Maintain a consistent skincare routine: Keeping our skin clean matters to avoid the bacteria that contribute to the skin to have acne breakouts.
Want to see more? Check this out!