Strawberry Eton mess, a classic British dessert, filled with pops of sweet, red strawberries is a satisfying and a good choice of dessert that will suit your cravings. It has a combination of three major ingredients: strawberries, meringue, and whipped cream.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, or 4 cups thawed frozen strawberries
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 8 to 16 store-bought or homemade baked meringue cookies (depending on the size of the meringue)
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- Chop 1 pound of strawberries and dice them. Place in a large bowl.
- Grate the zest of ½ medium lemon. Set aside. Juice the lemon until you have 1 tablespoon. Add the juice and 1 tablespoon of sugar to the strawberries. Toss to combine.
- Crush 2-4 meringue cookies with your fingers or place them in a plastic ziplock bag. If in a ziplock bag, crush it with a small saucepan or rolling pin.
- Place 2 cups of cold heavy cream and the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. You can use a large bowl and electric hand mixer if preferred. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. This will take 3-4 minutes.
- Add the crushed meringues and 2/3 of the strawberries to the whipped cream. Gently fold it together with a rubber spatula. Divide the mixture between 4 coupes, short glasses or small bowls. Place the strawberries and then sprinkle the lemon zest as a topping.
- Serve and enjoy!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Looking for more deliciousness? Click HERE!