Are you planning a summer vacation and curious about what to prepare for this tropical season? Then these Piña Colada treats are for you. If you haven’t tried this tropical treat yet, then you must, because this includes the sweet dried pineapple and a splash of dark rum. It’s a great treat especially for those who want to savor the taste of pineapples being sweet. Grab your ingredients, and we’re going to cook the out-of-the-box treat, Piña Colada Rice Krispies!
- 3/4 cup dried pineapple
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package mini marshmallows (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cups rice crisp cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with a parchment paper sling and leave several inches of overhang on 2 sides. Chop the ¾ cup of dried pineapple into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in 1 (10-ounce) package mini marshmallows, together with ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons of dark rum and ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt until it melts. Remove from heat.
- Fold it in 5 cups rice crisp cereal, 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut and the pineapple until it gets coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the pan and press until it becomes an even layer.
- Let it cool for an hour and cut to 16 squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes: 16 pieces/squares
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
Want more? Click here for more deliciousness!