Protein Pancakes! Super easy with no refined grains or refined sugar. Just oats, banana, and eggs!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt, a pinch of cinnamon
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- Run everything through the blender on medium-low speed until very well mixed.
- Heat a nonstick griddle to medium-high heat. Add the batter in small circles – about 1/4 cup per pancake. Sprinkle with blueberries or chocolate chips if you want. When the edges start to look dry (2-3 minutes), flip and cook another minute or two on the other side.
- Top with anything you like! I like syrup and peanut butter and chocolate chips.
If the pancakes are falling apart, you may need to turn the heat up. We consistently get pancakes that hold and flip when the heat is at a high enough level and when we use a nonstick pan. You can also add more or less flax to get the consistency just right for you!
I kept the batter in individually portioned jars for easy ready-made breakfast. You can also refrigerate or freeze cooked pancakes.