Universal Studios is one of the most popular theme parks in California. Aside from being an amusement park, it is a film studio and theme park located in San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles County, State of California and is one of the oldest and most famous Hollywood film studios still in use. About 70% of the studio lies within the unincorporated county island known as Universal City while the rest lies within the city limits of Los Angeles, California. It was initially created to offer tours of the real Universal Studios sets and is the first of many full-fledged Universal Studio Themed Parks located across the globe.
Universal City includes hotels like Universal Hilton & Towers, the Sheraton Universal Hotel, and Universal CityWalk, which offers a collection of shops, restaurants, 19-screen Universal Cinema and a seven-story IMAX Theater. Outside the park, you will see a new an all-digital facility near the Universal Pictures backlot, it was built to merge all of NBC Universal’s West Coast operations into one area. In 2017, the theme park hosted 9,056,000 guests, making it ranked 15th in the world and 9th among North American parks.
A trip to Universal Studios hollywood is a great way to spend a day with family or friends. From the world’s famous studio tour to thrilling rides and attractions, and the enchantment of moviemaking come to life for those who came to visit and experience the fun. Here are the things you can enjoy inside the theme park:
1. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Enter and experience the world of wizardry as Hogwarts is now in Hollywood. This attraction is one of the west coast’s greatest entertainment experience. You can explore and solve the mysteries of Hogwarts, drop by its shops at Hogsmeade, and sample fare from the wizarding world’s known stores.
The new Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle has a projection display which brings light to an exciting new dimension of sorcery. You will be captivated by its pageantry of lights, music, and effects that will unleash the villains and dark creatures from the wizarding world along with the powerful wizard, Lord Voldemort. You will witness the castle lights up the sky with live music and special effects.
2. Jurassic World – The Ride
The Ride Jurassic World is an intense and thrilling ride that feels like a reality. While you are enjoying the ride, you will also experience these following highlights:
- Raptor Encounter – You will come face to face with Blue, the Velociraptor and the friendly Triceratops.
- DinoPlay – This is an interactive area for kids which also has new activities for younger guests.
- Isla Nu-Bar – You can take a sip and enjoy a wide variety of refreshments in this area of the theme park.
- Jurassic Café – Whether you are currently famished or just want to nibble, Jurassic Café is the place to be for a tasty meal from the Costa Rican cuisine.
- Jurassic Outfitters – You will always remember the day you survived Jurassic World with its awesome collectibles of shirts, hats, tumblers, and jewelry.
3. Fast & Furious – Supercharged
This attraction is based on the famous action movie, Fast & Furious. It is a dynamic hydraulic-motion based ride that catapults guests into the high stakes underground world of fast cars. It is housed in a 50,000 square foot building which narrates the full story of the movie using hyper-realistic effects that will immerse the adrenaline rush of its guests as they travel in the world fast cars.
4. Springfield – The Simpsons Ride
This is a family-friendly attraction that will take you on a roller coaster ride through Krustyland. Explore the hometown of Homer and Marge as the Springfield comes alive with the famous family’s favorite locations on the award-winning animated series. You can choose on a list of restaurants like Krusty Burger, Luigi’s Pizza, Phineas Q. Butterfat’s ice cream and choose among a huge number of available flavors of ice cream for your dessert or you can have a toast with a mug of beer at Moe’s Tavern or Duff’s Brewery after a long day at the park.
5. Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
This high definition movie motion simulator ride in the Super Silly Fun Land is inspired by the movie Despicable Me. This area has an outdoor play zone for the family to enjoy and is two of the best kid attractions in the park.
6. Transformers: The Ride – 3D
A next-generation thrilling ride that has a thin line between fiction and reality. This epic ride is based on the popular movie, Transformers that puts you in the middle of the battle between Autobots and Decepticons.
7. Studio Tour
The legendary attraction of Universal Studios Hollywood offers its guests to experience working in a real Hollywood studio. The tram ride will take the visitors in the past sets of films like War of the Worlds, Psycho, Jaws and many more. This tour also includes the largest 3D experience and heart-pounding King Kong.
8. Halloween Horror Nights
This is based on the scariest movies and television series, Halloween Horror Nights. This attraction now more intensified and spine-tingling event besieged Southern California.
The theme park also offers other entertainment options aside from the incredible attractions and studio tour which includes:
- Water World – it features pyrotechnics, unforgettable plane crash and wild jet ski tricks which will probably get you wet if you happen to be sitting in the front.
- Special Effects Show – the audience will find out how the monsters come to life upon watching a Hollywood movie or how do 3D images pop out of the screen. They will be provided by answers as they go behind the scenes on the secrets of Hollywood film making.
10. Shopping and Entertainment at Universal CityWalk
This is a one-stop entertainment and shopping destination that is just a few steps from Universal Studios Hollywood where you can also watch live free entertainment at the state of the art 5 Towers concert venue. Be also amazed by its 19-screen movie theater, six nightclubs, 30 stores, and 30 dining options.
Why don’t you make your dreams come true? Explore the most famous Universal Studios Hollywood theme parks in Los Angeles, CA. What’s next? How about planning your next trip to New York and visit the best restaurants in NYC. Click HERE!