We have shared some vegan dessert recipes earlier. Now, we are going to share another delectable 3 classic vegan desserts (or snacks, whichever you want to eat them).
Again, the following vegan desserts won’t make you feel guilty. Yet, you will feel satisfied with the blast of flavours that will swirl in your mouth. If you want to be productive and improve your cooking skills, now is the time to do so!
Recipe 1: Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan version)
At first, you won’t expect this choco chip cookie recipe to be vegan. It may sound off-putting to hear a “vegan” choco chip cookie. But once you taste this, you will forget it’s vegan in the first place!
Make these goodies for your family and friends, or for yourself if you want. You will need:
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 3.5 oz chopped dark chocolate
- 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 ox. Finely chopped pecans
- In a high-walled skillet, add pecans and toast over medium heat for about 5 to 8 minutes. Stir often until it smells good and starts to slightly darken, but avoid burning as well.
- Add melted coconut oil and combine it with the pecans. Simmer in low heat for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the oil becomes brown and already smells nutty.
- Stir the mixture to prevent burning. Turn off the heat and let the pan cool for about 5 to 10 minutes. Strain the pecans and store for future use. You can now use the ½ cup of pecan-infused coconut oil.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, pour the coconut oil together with the granulated and brown sugars, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until well-combined, then microwave for 20 seconds or until the sugars are already dissolved.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl, using a fork.
- Sift the flour mixture into the coconut oil mixture. Mix and fold in the ingredients using a spatula, making sure you don’t overmix it.
- Add the chopped semisweet chocolate and choco chunks until well-combined.
- Scoop a 2 oz scoop of choco-chip cookie dough. Line up the scooped dough onto a baking sheet lined up with parchment paper. Make sure each dough is at least 2 inches apart from each other.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375F or 190 degrees Celsius. Take the cookie dough out of the fridge and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until browned.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a wire tack. Enjoy the vegan cookies with friends and loved ones!
Recipe 2: Vegan-Friendly Apple Pie
Apple Pie is another favorite snack/dessert. But it can be a problem if you are a strict vegan. No worries, you can make your own now! Here are the ingredients you will need.
- 1 cup vegan butter (cubed and chilled)
- 6 tbsp. iced water
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. organic sugar
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (reserve some for dusting later)
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 5 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 pc. Lemon, zested
- 2 cups of organic sugar
- 7 pcs. Granny Smith apples
- To make the crust, mix flour, salt, and sugar. Add cubed butter (gradually) using a fork to work into the flour. Make sure it breaks down into dime-sized pieces.
- Add ice water and mix until the dough can be pressed. Divide the pressed dough in half and shape each into discs. Wrap the dough using plastic. Chill for at least an hour.
- Next, preheat the oven to 350F or 180 degrees Celsius.
- While waiting for the oven to warm up, start making the filling. Peel and core the granny smith apple and slice thinly. Put the sliced apples in a large bowl. Add 2 cups sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, cornstarch, 1 tsp. melted coconut, 3 tsp. cinnamon, and salt. Toss all of the ingredients until coated on the apples.
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface. Roll out the dough discs to about an inch thick.
- Transfer flattened doughs on an 8-inch pie dish ad press it against the sides and bottom. Trim the excess dough. Use a fork to prick the pie crust bottom.
- Pour the apple mixture on the pie dough. Cover it with the top crust. Trim the excess dough off the top crust as well. Seal the top and bottom pie crusts together.
- Brush the top crust using the remaining melted coconut oil. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Cut about four vents in the top pie crust. Bake for an hour until the crust turns golden brown.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Recipe 3: Choco Mint Cookies (Vegan version)
If you love mint cookies, this one is for you. If you haven’t tried mint cookies, now is the time to try it. It’s easy to make, even kids can make these, too (under adult supervision, of course!). You will need:
- 24 pcs. Round crackers
- 1 tbsp. vegetable shortening
- ½ tsp. mint extract
- 1 cup vegan choco chips
- Mix choco chips, vegetable shortening, and mint extract in a small bowl. Microwave the mixture for a minute. Make sure to stir often and not burn.
- Dip the crackers in the melted choco mixture. Place the dipped crackers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put them in a fridge until the chocolate hardens. Serve and enjoy!
Couple it up with a healthy smoothie. Recipe here!