Are you a fan of chicken dishes? How about tomato sauce mixed with different kinds of cheese and herbs, baked together resulting in a mouth-watering parmesan chicken with less sauce and crispy taste, yet simple and easy to cook? Yes? In that case, we’re going to learn the recipe for the best parmigiana chicken by my uncle Chef John!
First and foremost, the ingredients.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, or more as needed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or more if needed
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
- ½ cup prepared tomato sauce
- ¼ cup fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup grated provolone cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Take the chicken breasts and place it between two sheets of heavy plastic and lay it down on a flat surface. Use a mallet to flatten the chicken (but not too flat, but simply to level each part and it has to be around ½ inch thick) then season it the two sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs and beat it in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs and ½ Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Using a strainer/sifter, pour some flour and sprinkle it over the chicken breasts and coat with of its sides.
- Take the bowl of beaten eggs and dip the chicken breasts. After that, transfer the chicken to the breadcrumb mixture prepared earlier. Press both sides of it and let the mixture fully coat the chicken. Repeat and set it aside and leave it for about 15 minutes.
- Put 1 cup of olive oil to the frying pan and set the fire on medium heat. When it begins to shimmer, cook the chicken until golden and that’ll take around 2 minutes on each side.
- On a baking dish, put each chicken breast and put some tomato sauce above it. Put some mozzarella cheese, basil, and provolone cheese. Sprinkle 1-2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese on top and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated for 15-20 minutes with a temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Enjoy the best parmigiana chicken!
Parmesan chicken is not as complicated as others, yet, it’s delicious and easy to make, even for beginners. Enjoy your meal!
Looking for a dessert? Check out this mouthwatering Brownie recipe!