For many years, employees and employers got used to a routine where they wake up at the same time each morning, get ready, drive or commute on their way to work and begin working for 8-10 hours, sometimes this time is even spent glued to the same chair in the same building – for years straight.
After that, they’ll go home, cook and rest.
Sounds boring and exhausting? Maybe even familiar?
Of course, it is.
We all may say, “It’s been a long day” and sleeping would be a moment of bliss. However, as our technology improves and becomes flexible, anyone can work in the comfort of their own home – they can manage their time better, will lessen their physical exhaustion and can even save money than commuting or using the car and gas up every single day.
Here the home-based job/businesses come into play
This is where an individual can work even if they’re at home with the usage of their computers or cameras alone, depending on what job exactly he/she is pursuing. More specifically, doing a job that can be enjoyed doing that interests a home-based worker.
In starting a home-based business, some permits and being mindful in monitoring the income may be needed – these are some things that a person does in the office. Depends on the home-based job that you’re considering, it is likely that all you need are the software where you can produce your projects, cameras and internet connection.
The time is in your hands. When managed properly and with proper discipline, all works can be done in no time. Home-based jobs are highly beneficial especially for parents who need to have time assisting their kids. Say for example, a kid goes to school. If a parent is working in the office, he/she may not be able to pick his/her kid up from school, which is why they need to hire someone who can handle the kids. Even when it comes to the chores – let’s say when someone works in the office, he/she cannot do the laundry. But with the home-based job, he/she can do the job and chores at the same time during breaks.
Sounds more doable, doesn’t it?
Here are some of the home-based jobs that can be considered:
1) Freelance writer -A Freelance writer can work with some clients and they get paid usually per hour or per word.
2) Blogger – When someone owns a blog, they can handle everything on their own and they can get income from the sponsored ads that can be seen on their site.
3) Ebook author – Nowadays, there is a business called ‘self-publishing’ where an author will publish his/her book without the help of traditional publishers. They may hire a lot of people at first (like critiques, book cover editor, editor, promoters) but income comes when their Ebook gets sold on different platforms like Amazon.
4) Editor / Proofreader – Each author would need someone to ‘clean up’ his/her manuscript. Editors/Proofreaders get paid as they improve and correct the author’s overlooked mistakes and make it look more professional.
5) Vlogger / Social media influencer / YouTube personality – There are different kinds of Internet influencers. Some get paid when they promote a certain product/places or get paid from the ads that appear in their videos. It is one way to make a product popular because having thousands of subscribers will catch the attention of netizens.
6) Graphic artist / Illustrator – Graphic artists and/or illustrators get paid when they have clients who’ll ask them to create designs for a certain project.
7) Social Media Manager – Social media managers have the task of posting interesting content daily or weekly of a company’s social media account to gain engagements from the followers.
8) Online tutor – Online tutors get paid when someone hires them to teach a certain subject without meeting the client in person but using the web alone. Payments might depend on the prices fixed by the tutor himself.
9) Manager of an online shopping site – If there are businessmen in different companies, anyone can start a business too online by selling different products and shipping their products to their customers. They can also hire different people to promote their products for better online exposure.
10) Web designer – Not everyone is capable enough in designing a website. Web designers design their client’s website for it to look more engaging, professional and interesting.
11) Bookkeeper – Each company needs a bookkeeper. But this can be done at home with the use of theircomputer and send their reports via email.
… and so much more.
There are advantages and disadvantages of doing a home-based job. However, if you’re using your talents and do something you’re passionate about – as well as proper time management and discipline, all these jobs can be done through the comfort of your own 4 walls or anywhere else in the world you’re comfortable.
You’d rather work on a remote island? Don’t worry, we got you. Click here!